Machine Learning Scientist
At Cubeyou we work on Artificial Social Intelligence, we train machines to understand people and predict their behaviour. Artificial minds are becoming extremely smart but need to be capable of much more than functional and cognitive tasks — they need to be able to read people and understand human needs, motivations and emotions, they need empathy.
We work on the right brain of AI to make sure that our society doesn’t only become more efficient but indeed a better one. This means developing algorithms that Understand how humans function, Predict what they will do and Augment their observable personality with latent affinities and behaviours for the good.
We do a great deal of research, we build leading edge technologies and deploy them to solve practical everyday problems. Cubeyou is a company, packed with extremely talented and hard working people that enjoy solving hard problems and building great products.
We have offices in US and Europe and we are looking for more talent to help us teach machines how to become part of our society!
The AI team at Cubeyou is at the forefront of innovation in advanced analytics and machine learning, including deep learning and more traditional algorithms.
Our team is composed by top class scientists, engineers and domain experts driving the data science capabilities of our products end-to-end, including: data ingestion and processing, exploratory analysis, modeling, validation, visualization, tuning and automation.
We alternate the development workflow with research spikes on state-of-the-art machine intelligence applied to understanding and generalizing people behaviour and affinities.
Our R&D strives to cover a full spectrum of topics: probabilistic programming, cross-domain adaptation, natural language processing, computer vision, generative models, scalable distributed systems and GPUs hardware optimizations just to name few.
Artificial Intelligence at Cubeyou raises both scientific and engineering challenges. We deal with a very large amount of data and rely on various data management and distributed computing technologies (Spark, MongoDB) deployed into cloud infrastructures (AWS). We utilize a diverse number of languages (Python, Scala) and tools (PyData stack, MLlib, TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch). Periodically, we work side by side with the core development team for maintaining the data lake and for deploying solutions in production with the minimum overhead.
The ultimate goal is to help the company growing on three major areas:
- Understanding consumer characteristics, preferences and lifestyle.
- Predicting latent variables and future outcomes (e.g. hidden traits, migrations, market indicators).
- Augment with unobserved patterns (e.g. generate synthetic consumers population, latent factors fusion, personalizations).
In addition to the core business, 10% of team time on a weekly basis is devoted to learning and experimenting with latest advances in Artificial Intelligence, Deep Learning, Sociology and Data Technologies.
A Machine Learning Scientist at Cubeyou focuses on researching and developing new algorithms, exploring new hypothesis, running experiments, validating models and yielding insights. Besides that, our scientists and engineers work as a team and are responsible for the whole end-to-end process, from research to production. Besides that, our scientists and engineers work as a team and are responsible for the whole end-to-end process, from research to production.
This role in particularly will lead to a great impact in building predictive models for estimating categorical variables of consumers, unsupervised algorithms for extracting latent characteristics and hidden patterns in the consumer affinities and lifestyles, modeling feature embeddings of contents and entities in our datasets.
The ideal candidate is an experienced professional with a blend of coding, machine learning and business acumen.
The position is based in our rapidly growing R&D office in Milan (Italy) @ Talent Garden Merano.
- Carry out projects involving data pipelines, statistical models and machine learning algorithms.
- Explore and analyze multi-dimensional data in order to find patterns and relationships.
- Develop intelligent systems based on the latest AI technologies and deep learning.
- Be expected to be analytical, accurate but also creative and to come up with your own ideas and suggestions.
- Research and implement novel approaches to add value to the business.
- Contribute to the state of the art by publishing articles or contributions to the open source community.
- Work closely with the Chief Scientist and Product Owner to design new features to implement to improve the functionalities and user experience of the platform.
- Work closely to the marketing and sales teams to find solutions and products that help lead generation and inbound marketing.
- Work closely to the core development team in order to integrate the AI technology into our platform and future products.
- Adopt a Continuous Learning process in order to be always up to date with the latest and more productive technologies.
- Master’s degree or above in STEM fields (science, technology, engineering or mathematics) or a similarly quantitative field.
- 2 years+ experience, or a comparable industry career, in Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Computer Vision, NLP, Pattern Recognition or similar.
- Working knowledge of Python and the PyData stack or other numerical programming languages.
- A scientific mentality with the ability to ask the right questions, as well as answer them.
- Ability to convey complex analyses with the most efficient and intuitive visual interactions.
- Ability to break research down into clearly defined tasks and quick iterations.
- PhD with a proven track record of publications in Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Mathematics or similar.
- Experience with large volume data analysis.
- Knowledge of deep learning techniques for recommender systems, NLP, auto-encoders or generative models.
- Knowledge of parallel computing using GPUs and CUDA.
- Familiar with agile development and lean principles.
- Contributor or owner of GitHub repo
- Competitive salary.
- Stock options.
- Free lunch delivered daily.
- Personal budget for conferences and training.
- Flexible working hours.
- Startup atmosphere with the usual perks.
- Regular team building activities.