We believe that properly collected and analyzed data is inherently honest buy often businesses only have access to narrow slices of data about their customers or audiences, or the data they have looks only at what people say and not what they do.
That’s why Helixa has developed technology to look at groups of people, from every angle and dimension, and delivers a way to get more insight into both their hearts (behavior, interests, beliefs) and minds (stated intentions) than you’ve ever had.
We have infused our AI with the most current research into human behavior and given it access to the latest demographic, engagement, and census data to enable truly representative, uniquely insightful, deeply human results. AI offers the ability to find patterns and connections at unparalleled depth, scale, and speed, providing insight in minutes not days. With a detailed understanding of your customers or audience, you will be better able to please them, move them, and build more profitable relationships… everyone wins.
A Data Engineer at Helixa expands and optimizes our data architecture and infrastructure, manages ingestion pipelines from multiple sources into our data lake, maintains large datasets consumed daily, supports the R&D of our AI technology as well as the operations required to deploy algorithms at scale.
Our scientists and engineers work as a team and are responsible for the entire end-to-end process, from research to production.
The ideal candidate is a senior software/data engineer with experience in building robust data pipelines and large-scale deployment of data-driven products in the cloud.
If you love coding and can’t wait to master the new and upcoming technology in Big Data and Artificial Intelligence, this is the right place for you.
The position is based in our rapidly growing R&D office in Milan (Italy) @ Talent Garden Merano.
- Design and implement scalable agents for large datasets download.
- Assemble and transform TBs of structured and unstructured datasets.
- Create and maintain data pipeline architectures.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements and automations.
- Maintain a clean codebase for production and dev environments.
- Build sanity checks and dashboards for monitoring data quality and ensuring a healthy infrastructure.
- Ensure engineering and programming practices among the entire team.
- Build robust workflows for training, evaluation and deploying algorithms at scale.
- Invent and implement smart strategies for providing high quality labelled data for training.
- Work closely with the CTO, Chief Scientist and Product Owner to implement and improve the functionalities and user experience of the platform and design new features.
- Adopt a Continuous Learning process to remain up to date with the latest and most productive technologies.
- Master’s degree or above in computer science or software/computer/IT engineering fields.
- 3 years experience, or a comparable industry career, in building production systems for software development, data engineering, data science or similar.
- Experience with designing distributed architectures leveraging modern cloud infrastructures (AWS or other providers).
- Experience with Docker containers, orchestration systems (e.g. Kubernetes), continuous integration and job schedulers.
- Working knowledge of Python and software development.
- Experience with distributed computing and NoSQL technologies (e.g. Spark, Hadoop, Flink, HBase, MongoDB, Cassandra...).
- Experience with large volume ETL or data streaming.
- Enthusiast of agile development and lean principles.
- Ability to prototype and test suboptimal solutions quickly and iterate up to a final product that can be deployed in production.
- PhD with a proven track record of publications or applications to scalable data architectures, is prefered.
- Familiar with functional programming and Scala.
- Knowledge of Artificial Intelligence and ability to apply it to real problems.
- Knowledge of serverless architectures (Lambda, Kinesis, Glue).
- Contributor or owner of GitHub repositories.
- Competitive salary.
- Free lunch delivered daily.
- Personal budget for conferences and training.
- Flexible working hours.
- Startup atmosphere with the usual perks.
- Regular team building activities.